CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Trust

Trust. Probably one of the hardest qualities to posses and act upon. I think about how many people in my life i put a lot of trust into. Their are quite a few, but not a lot. It's really hard to put your trust in people sometimes because so many times they end up letting you down. Friendship, relationships, and families are ruined by lack of faith or trust in one another.
....here is the thing though, so many times we are quicker to put our trust in the people that are going to let us down than we are our perfect and holy God. Why is that? We know he is perfect and is always their for us, but we cant trust him. Maybe it's because so many of us have the mind set that we are here and God is there, far away from us doing his own thing, so how can I possibly put my trust into someone I can't even see. Or maybe it because you are so wrapped up in yourself and your friends lives that you are convinced that they have the correct answer for you or you can just find it on your own and they don't need God's help.
For the ones who can't trust in God because they can't see him, or hear him, or touch him, if you truly believe in God, you don't have to see him to know he is there. God is all around you! Ever since the beginning of time, God has always been here. He is the same today and he was yesterday and will be tomorrow. He's not going to let you down. I think the main problem is people mistake God not giving them what they want for God letting them down. We have to trust God and trust that he knows what is best for us and we don't. Their have been so many times that I have tried to follow my own understandings and have only ended up in a deep mess. If we start giving all our hopes, dreams, and worries to God then we should be confident right then that everything is going to be ok, we have nothing to worry if we only trust in God. Paul wrote the book of Philippians from a jail cell and he was rejoicing about it! He knew he wasn't alone and knew that it was for the glory of God! I couldn't think of a lonelier place to be than a jail cell. Paul truly knew and understood what it was to trust in God!
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:12-13

And now the ones that put their trust and faith in themselves and friends to solve all their problems....your friends cannot fix you and they cannot determine your future. They can't even fix themselves or see the future for themselves, much less yours. Friends are amazing and everyone needs a good one to talk to and listen to and fellowship with. But it is when you refuse the words that God is giving you because you trust your or your friends instincts more that you start walking down the wrong path. God should be the one you run to for advice first! God is the only one who can save you and he determines your destiny. Paul says it far better than I ever could in Philippians 3:7-9, "I once thought all these things were so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God's law, but I trust Christ Jesus to save me. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith."

Trusting, fully trusting, in God is a very hard thing to do. But it is so wonderful. Christ died so that we could have life to the fullest (John 10:10), but we can't have that without trusting in him first.

0 comments: